I want to try and make this into a sort of family tradition. Everytime we go on a short break, a holiday, I'll make us a CD, 80 minutes of hits and play it on the journey to Scandinavia or Britain.It started when my son - now eight - began to recognise songs on the radio (Belgian Radio Studio Brussel, Dutch 3FM) and even started to sing along. I'm a bit proud that the songs he likes aren't the most popular popsongs from the charts, but he likes te sort of indie songs better than most of the popular rubbish.
So I started to collect the songs and these days all four of us are listening to the radio to select songs for the CD. I collect them via 7Digital (let's all hate iTunes!) and mix them with one or two older kind of hits. When we leave for Danmark tomorrow, we'll have the première of our first family hits CD.
The fun thing is that I've started to listen to new music again, lik I did in 'the old days'......
The list of songs of Hits 1 is:
1. I follow rivers- Lykke Li
2. Our day will come - Amy Winehouse
3. Pumped up kicks - Foster the People
4. Delay - Intergalactic Lovers
5. People, help the people - Birdy
6. Shake it - Metro Station
7. The golden age - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
8. Signal - Anna Verhoeven
9. Somebody that I used to know - Gotye
10. Video Games - Lana del Rey
11. Lonely boy - The Black Keys
12. Black and white and blue - Ladyhawke
13. Hold on - Alabama Shakes
14. Inspector Norse - Todd Terje (my personal favorite)
15. Shewolf - Intergalactic Lovers
16. Plage - Crystal Fighters
17. Space - Absynthe Minded
18. Animal - Neon Trees
19. Next to me - Emilie Sandé
20. I follow rivers - Triggerfinger (if you like their version of the Lykke Li song, you should watch the YouTube bit, where Ruben Block is doing Sweet Dreams, starting at 1.48)